martes, 13 de diciembre de 2011

I do not code (BIO)

This blog here is to serve as my online portfolio from now on. It's been almost 8 months since I was able to quit my last job as a junior programmer, and I haven't coded a line since then. And to be honest, I don't even miss it.

To keep it short, lets say that when I was 17 I started two parallel roads, both as programmer, entering Computer Sciences on College and as 3D artist by self-learning and joining a group of amateur game developers. I found a job, where I took advantage of this mixed set of habilities when I was at my 4th year of College. I ended up being some kind of Technical Artist so to call it in a video game studio. I was mostly in charge of the scripting part of the games, menus, and GUI. Also had to program some tools and this colorful and easy to program game about a pink bunny.


I wanted to dedicate more time to my development as an artist, but I almost never got permission to do something by myself in the office, and the evenings and weekends were not enough. So I got fed up and stressed and had to quit my job. I really had to. Every day I stayed 8 hours in front of the screen, coding, debugging, and doing things I didn't care about while I could be doing anything else, devoting my time to something I really liked instead.

Since then its been 8 month of passionate learning and training and I start to have a bunch of things to be able to show my progress and skills back on the right road. Some say it doesn't have to be one road or the other, but hey, I really tried to keep on with everything and I was not happy with it. So from now on I'm picking up only whats more important and leaving all the rest.

Peace.

4 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You miss it man, be honest. But as long as you work with me, you won't even try :P.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Just found the blog Juanmi. Congratulations. I think you are doing it right, you have proved to everyone that what you did is what you have to. You haven't wasted your time :)

    Besides, even you don't care about it now... you are becoming an artist with coding abilities. That's a very appreciated profile

    ResponderEliminar